Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools (“MNPS”) understands the importance of protecting job applicant information. This Job Applicant Privacy Notice applies to the information you provide to us for job openings posted on MNPS Careers only (“our Site”). By using our Site you agree that you consent to how we collect, use, share, and protect the information you voluntarily provide to us and the choices you have about how we use and share your information when applying for job openings.
Information We Collect
During the application process, MNPS collects a variety of data about you. This may include:
• your name, address, and contact details, including email address and telephone number
• details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history
• information about your eligibility to work in the United States
• information on your gender, race, ethnicity, or disability status
MNPS may collect this information in a variety of ways. For example, data might be contained in application forms, CVs, or resumes, obtained from your passport or other identity documents, or collected through interviews or other forms of assessment. We may also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as references supplied by former employers or criminal history records. We will seek information from third parties only once a job offer to you has been made and will inform you that we are doing so. Data will be stored in a range of different places, including on your application record, in HR management systems, and on other IT systems (including email).
Where permitted by applicable law, you will be given the opportunity to provide information on your gender, race, ethnicity. We may gather this information from you for reporting and record-keeping requirements but we will only use this information in accordance with applicable law and will not use it in making any employment decisions. Providing this information is strictly voluntary, and you will not be subject to any adverse action or treatment if you choose not to provide it. Such information will be kept in a confidential file separate from your application for employment.
Use of Personal Information
We will use the Personal Information you give us to
• send you a confirmation e-mail if you register with our Site,
• contact you if we need more information related to your application, Career Profile, or job search,
• process a job application made by you,
• respond to questions from you,
• possibly contact you about jobs that may be of interest to you, or
• update you about changes affecting our Site, our Services, or your User Account
Our Site allows you to view and search for jobs without registering. However, to apply for a job or make your resume available for future job opportunities, you must establish an online account providing your user name, password, and email address.
You are responsible for maintaining and updating the information in your Career Profile to keep it current. You may access, correct, or update Personal Information that you have provided to our Site at any time by logging in to your Career Profile, subject to certain restrictions imposed by applicable law. Where required by applicable law, we will notify you if we cannot accommodate such requests to correct or update your information, and provide an explanation as to why we cannot do so.
How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We use information about your activities and use of our Services gathered in the manner described above to monitor user traffic patterns, and analyze user preferences so that we can improve our services, as well as potentially provide you with information about jobs that may be of interest to you.
The information you provide will be accessible to our contracted third parties, including those who conduct criminal background checks, reference checks and educational verifications. We reserve the right to contact you regarding your User Account, changes to our Site or related terms, and any other matter that might affect you or our Services. We will combine the Personal Information from your User Account and Career Profile with other information that we otherwise obtain, including information you provide to us or authorize us to obtain, and information from contracted third parties.
If you are offered and accept a position with us, some of the information you provide through our Site and Services will be transferred into our internal human resources and related systems for use during your employment. By using our Site and Services, you agree to such a transfer and use of your information.
• Use of Information for Investigatory, Legal, or Compliance Purposes. We will use all, or part of, the information described in this Job Applicant Privacy Notice for investigatory, legal, or compliance purposes
• Limited Disclosure of Your Information. Except as set forth in this Job Applicant Privacy Notice or as you specifically agree or direct, we will not disclose to any non-contracted third parties any information we collect from or about you through our Services
• Disclosure for Legal or Safety Reasons. We may need to release your information to third parties:
• to respond to a request, inquiry, or complaint that you have made,
• to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, or court order,
• in special cases in which we believe it is reasonably necessary to investigate, identify, or take preventive measures or bring legal action against someone who may commit or cause harm, fraud, abuse, or illegal conduct,
• if ordered by state and federal governmental agencies with jurisdiction over us, when legally entitled to such information
Disclosure to Operations and Maintenance Third Parties. We may contract with third parties to provide services for our Site or Services. These third parties include vendors and suppliers who provide technology, content, and other services, recruiters, vendors who analyze data collected on our Site, and vendors who send or respond to e-mail on our behalf (each, a "Third Party"). These Third Parties may have access to your Personal Information in order to provide services to us or on our behalf. As noted above, the information you provide will also be accessible to companies we contract with to assist with the Services such as recruitment. If we allow a Third Party to have access to your Personal Information, we will not authorize the Third Party to use or disclose the information for any purpose that is not consistent with this Privacy Notice. By using our Services, you consent to such use and disclosure of data as described herein, and as otherwise stated in this Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain Personal Information you provided to us and information used to make a decision about you, for as long as required to fulfill the purposes set out in this Job Applicant Privacy Notice, as necessary for legitimate business purposes, and in accordance with applicable law, including United States’ federal, state, and local laws. As retention periods vary for different types of Personal Information, based on business purpose, actual retention periods vary.
What if You Do Not Provide Personal Data?
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide data to MNPS during the recruitment process. However, if you do not provide the information, we may not be able to process your application properly or at all.